Contact

Pangs of Envy

I've been noticing that I am slacking off in updating my blog again. So I got up early today with an intention of writing an article for my blog. But I got distracted along the way and  ended up doing my old routine, reading and admiring other people’s blogs.  

While surfing the web, I came across of some interesting and well-written blogs. I was amazed how people can come up with such fascinating topics every day. Some bloggers are undeniably talented writers. When I say this I mean individuals who started writing for fun or a hobby but then their talent shines through their writing. I am envious on their creativity in expressing emotions and ideas through words and their ability to make connections with the readers.  I admire their ability to create a compelling piece of writing that indulges a reader’s mind to ponder deeply into what they are reading and making them want to come back for more.


 I wish I could write even half as well. For the moment, I was suffering the pangs of envy. Questioning the higher power again, the why only them and not me? Why some people have been bestowed with talents and some are not.  I know I should not question God for He has reasons. But the human mind can’t help but wonder why, especially when the disparity is so obvious. I remember when I was young, there was a rich girl in our class that was the envy among the girls. She had a pretty face, danced so gracefully and sings like an angel.  At that time, I wish I was her.

In recent times, I came to terms that God had given me at least one talent and I was partly convinced that it could be in writing. So I started a blog, but I realized quickly I was not born a writer either.  I felt disheartened but then my inner voice was telling me, “Snap out of it, if you want to succeed work harder”. That means I have to read more and write more consistently to improve.  Envy is normal as long as we won’t allow it to eat us up but use it to motivate ourselves to be better. 


Mary Kay Ash once said “don't limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, you can achieve”. Wow, such powerful words…  She gave me hope!


It’s good though that I have a strong determination. I know how to persevere and don’t give up easily when it comes to reaching my goals. That’s my God-given gift!  

No comments: