Contact

Army Navy: Finally Mexican Food is Here

Since moving to the Philippines nearly six years ago, my family has been missing a lot of things from way back in the good old USA. One of them being able to have Mexican food (burritos, tacos, quesadillas, etc.) any time you crave for it. 

In the city where we live now, finding a place that serves authentic Mexican food is a hard task. Although in the past, there were a few restaurants who would start their business with the claim of serving Mexican food. But each time, our excitement would turn into disappointment as soon as we found out that the food is more for a Filipino taste than a Mexican flavor.




However, recently a fast food chain called Army Navy came to town. Their menu combines great burgers, tacos, burritos  and a few other Mexican food items.




My son and I decided to eat there the day after christmas. It is our yearly tradition to go out and shop after christmas as "mother and son bonding time". My son already ate there a week ago and suggested that I should try it.

We ordered burritos and tacos. Though I wasn't expecting much as I had a lot of disappointments in the past, I was surprised the food was excellent. Especially the burritos! There's a genuine Mexican flavor to them. It wasn't the best Mexican food I have ever eaten but it was good. I'll go back there again and next time I'll try their quesadillas.


This is good... but what I had in mind was a crunchy Fish Taco placed in a  fresh corn tortilla  covered with fresh lettuce, drizzled with lime juice and  topped with green salsa.  Then finished off the meal with an icy Horchata! Yummy... my favorite!


If you happen to visit Philippines and looking for a good place to eat, try Army Navy. Here in Davao city, you can find them in Abreeza Mall and also in SM Premier Lanang.

No comments: