Contact

Living My Life As A Homebody

Home is where my heart is. I love being at home! I don’t feel bored when I’m home all day. I can do many fun things without leaving my four walls.  I can sew new curtains, redecorate my house, bake some dessert, tend my garden, play with my dog, internet surfing, the list is endless. I am a certified homebody and I think there is nothing wrong with that. But of course, I love to go out also, once in a while that is! I go out twice a week, a day for grocery shopping and a day just to do random things. It could be just window shopping, going to a beauty salon, visit my relatives, etc. 


Modern technology is a huge help for us homebody people, to get in touch with what's going on in the world, to keep up with friends and relatives at anytime, or earn a living without having to leave the comfort of your home. I am aware that I am an introvert person, that’s my personality. I can’t change who I am because I was born this way. Sometimes introverts can act as extroverts, but at the end of the day it can be exhausting and frustrating. I know, because I experienced it before. One time in my life, I thought I want to become like my out going friends, so I forced myself to leave the house everyday. The act didn't last very long because I felt that pretending to be somebody else is not worth it. Nowadays, I just live my life how I want it to be and I am happy for who I am and what I am!

According to studies the difference between extroverts and introverts are:


Extroverts are sociable, friendly, self-confident and outgoing. They appear relaxed and confident. Extroverts have trouble understanding life until they have lived it. When extroverts are feeling bad, low in energy, or stressed, they are likely to look outside themselves for relief. They might go shopping, call friends to come over, or arrange a party. They gain their energy from the outside world. They want to be always on the go and become more energetic by engaging outside adventures.
  

Introverts are stimulated from "within" and they are oriented towards the inner world of ideas, imagery, and reflection. Introverts get their energy from within rather than from the outside world. An introvert values quiet time alone for thinking while extroverts want time with others for action. Introverts believe that they cannot live life until they have understood it. 
When an introvert is tired, stressed or feels bad he is likely to withdraw to a quiet place and engage in reflective activity. Introverts look to the inner world for energy and meaning. Introverts are often misunderstood.  They can be percieve as reserved, quiet, shy, aloof, and distant. 

No comments: